This course will benefit students looking to move into an accounting or finance field or thinking of
studying business and accounting at university. This course is ideal for anyone who has already achieved Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
Accounting is the recording, analysis, presentation and forecasting data, principally, but not exclusively, for business organisations.
There are many users of accounting information: managers, shareholders, customers, suppliers and the wider public. These users require information for a variety of purposes and it is important that it is
prepared accurately and interpreted meaningfully.
We recommend that you take Core Maths alongside this course.
General entry requirements
- Four GCSEs including English Language and Maths at grade C/5 or above.
Specific Entry requirements
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting or equivalent.
- QCF Level 3.
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparations
- Indirect Tax
- Management Accounting Costing
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
This is an exam based qualification with delivery in the classroom and end of unit computerised assessments. A final exam, that covers all units studied, will be completed at the end of the course. A minimum grade of Pass is required in all assessments to be successful. A final grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction will be awarded.
What could I do next?
- If you successfully complete Level 3 you can progress to Level 4 at USP College
- Careers in accounting and finance
- Set up your own accountancy business
- Student tutorial and workbooks
- AAT Membership Fee (+19 learners).