A-Level Drama & Theatre Studies will see you devise, rehearse and perform your own work in created and scripted productions to different audiences.
This course will build your understanding of the different elements of theatre.
- Average point score* of 4.5 or above, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths
- If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa
- Grade C/5 or above in GCSE English Language
- Level 2 Drama or Performing Arts qualification, if taken, or you will need to attend an audition as part of the interview process.
What will I study?
You will cover the following essential areas:
- Evaluating live productions seen during the course
- Analysis of set texts
- Study influential theatre practitioners
- Participation in group performances
- Devising theatre.
You will have the opportunity to engage in practical workshops and perform your own work. You will also explore the theory side of plays and practitioners.
What could I do next?
You could go on to study Drama or a Performing Arts course at university or drama college, or benefit from many transferable skills, such as critical thinking, teamwork, negotiation and collaboration. As well as careers in the theatre industry it has particular value for careers in teaching, law, marketing, public relations, advertising, management and arts administration.