This course contains different strands which allow you to develop your skills across a variety of technical IT areas including computer systems, the design and development of computer games, web design and production.
- Average point score* of 4.5 or above, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths
- If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language.
What will I study?
Mandatory units include:
- Communication and Employability
- Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems.
Optional units include
- Database Managing Networks
- Organisational Systems
- Security E-Commerce
- Computer Networks
- Website Production
- Computer Animation
- 2D Animation Production
- Spreadsheet Modelling.
What could I do next?
This course can lead to Higher Education course in Multimedia, Computing, Interactive Media, Games Design, 3D Graphics and Animation.
You could continue onto an ICT Apprenticeship or into a career requiring high-level IT skills.