This course will see you gain an academic insight into the many and varied disciplines of Sport & Exercise Science.
If you are hardworking and enthusiastic about learning the theoretical side to sport, while using practical elements to consolidate your understanding, this course is ideal for you.
If you are interested in a career in the sports industry, or wish to take the qualification on to higher education, Sport & Exercise Science is a good choice.
As a Sports student you will have the opportunity to become a student athlete, combining your academic studies with fulltime training in the Storm Sports Academy.
- Average point score* of 4.5 or above, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths
- If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
What Will I Study
- Functional Anatomy
- Applied Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Sport & Exercise Physiology
- Field & Lab-based Fitness Testing
- Research Methods
- Coaching for Performance & Fitness Nutrition for Sport & Exercise Performance
- Sport Injury & Assessment
- Fitness Training & Programming
- Sports Massage
- Research Project in Sport & Exercise Science
What could I do next?
This course is highly suited to students who wish to progress onto a degree at University in Strength & Conditioning, Teaching, Sport & Exercise Science, Sports Therapy etc.
You could also pursue a career in Teaching, Sports Coaching and the Health & Fitness Industry.