This course will prepare you for a cosmetics career in the entertainment industry or a specialist make-up school.
You will study make-up application techniques, as well as the context and theory behind make-up applications in film/TV and theatre.
You will also experiment with a range of special effects (SFX) make-up techniques; discovering how to sculpt, mould and cast your own prosthetics.
- Average point score* of 4.5 or above, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths
- If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa
- Grade C/4 or above in an Art & Design or Creative Media GCSE subject preferred.
Students who have not taken a GCSE in an Art & Design or Creative Media subject may present a portfolio of work to demonstrate passion, commitment and ability at an acceptable level.
What will I study?
As part of this course you will study:
- Production Arts Workshop (core)
- Make-up Application & Creative Uses for Performance (core)
- Special Effects Make-up
- Make-up using Prosthetics
- Full Body Make-up
- Mask making for Performers
- Period Make-up.
You will build a portfolio of practical application photos and theoretical assignments, along with sketch pads for research and face charts. You will be taught through a sequence of projects that encourage you to develop your skills and understanding. You will be assessed by coursework and on-going in class assessment.
Why should I choose USP College?
You will grow your portfolio, skills and confidence, in order to succeed in the industry across a range of disciplines.
Upon completion of the course you will have designed and applied a range of full body make-up techniques including: prosthetics, full fabrication and costuming.
What could I do next?
This course will equip you to undertake a variety of Make-up and SFX occupations for the stage and screen.