IMAGE Early Years, Childcare & Education - Teacher.jpg

Level 3 Diploma

Teaching (Access to Higher Education)


1 Year (Can be taken over 2 years)


Level 3

Career Sector

Early Years, Childcare & Education

Available At


Start Date


Days & Times

10 hours, spread over 2-3 days


£2,995† (Eligible for Advanced Learner Loan)

Course Overview

An Access to Higher Education Diploma will enable you to go to university if you don’t currently have the qualifications you need. They are widely recognised by universities, including Anglia Ruskin University and the University of Essex.

This course gives you the basic requirements for entry into Teacher Training. you will study a range for Study Skills modules to prepare you for university. You will also study education units and a specialist subject chosen from Human Biology or English Literature.

You will also undertake a research project on a topic of your choice with the aim of developing your independent learning skills.

* This course can be studied part-time over two years (one to two days a week) spreading the cost of the course to £1,500 per year. The part-time option can also be funded by the Advanced Learner Loan. This can be discussed at interview.

**The course runs between 9am-3pm with an average of 10 hours weekly teaching time spread over two to three days. Please note that days and times are dependent on subject choice and may be subject to change.

†If you have not completed a Level 3 course already, you may be eligible to study for FREE! Subject to funding, call 01268 882 618 for more information. Alternatively, you could be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund the cost of your course.

Entry requirements

  • You will need grade C/4 or above in GCSE English and/or Maths, or a Level 2 in Functional Skills.

  • If you don't currently have the entry requirements needed, don't worry, you could study GCSE English and/or Maths for free at the college!

What will I study?

Modules will include

Assessment Methods

Teaching Resources

Special Educational Needs

Teaching Experience

Classroom Management

Academic Preparation for Higher Education

As well as your specialist subject, Human Biology or English Literature.

What could I do next?

You could go on to study a degree with Qualified Teacher Status (Primary or Secondary) or another education-related field. You could also go on to study the Education Studies & Early Years BA, Foundation Degree in Early Years or the Health Promotion & Social Care BSc at the college.

Last year our students went on to study:

  • Education Studies at University of Wolverhampton
  • Primary Education at Canterbury Christ Church University

Contact Us