Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. You could work in a range of settings including full daycare, children’s centres, preschools, reception classes and as a childminder. Your main responsibility will be to contribute to the development and care of children from birth to 7 years old.
Entry requirements are set by the employer for each vacancy. Typically employers will as for 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English or a relevant level 2 qualification.*
*You will have to take part in an initial assessment to determine your start point.
What will I study?
- A child’s development from birth to 5 years, and have an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7.
- A range of underpinning theories and philosophical approaches to how children learn and develop.
- The importance of promoting diversity, equality and inclusion, fully reflecting cultural differences and family circumstances.
- The importance to children’s holistic development of - speech, language and communication - personal, social and emotional development - physical development.
- How to develop an early intervention for Maths and Literature.
- How to plan and lead activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes.
- The needs, interests and stages of development of individual children and how to identify them.
- How to track a child’s progress to plan next steps and shape learning opportunities.
- The care needs of an individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
Why study with us?
Passionate academic professionals with years of experience in the Childcare and Education sector
Collaborated with local employers to design you training, so you learn what they need!
Gain practical experience as we work closely with local childcare providers and schools for work placements.
You will be assigned an assessor and a progress coach to ensure you are fully supported through your apprenticeship.
What could I do next?
Secure a job as a room leader, nursery nurse or with additional experience, become the manager of an early years setting.