Designed to enable students to learn and develop relevant skills and vocational knowledge, our Level 1 programme provides you with the confidence to effectively progress in education.
Together with appropriate Maths and English qualifications, this programme offers the opportunity to progress on to Level 2 within your chosen professional area.
- Grade E/2 or above in GCSE English Language and Maths
- You will need the ability to contribute and benefit from the programme.
What will I study?
You will be assessed through assignments and portfolios, ranging from written to practical work.
During your English lessons you will practice developing your communication skills including interview skills.
During Maths lessons you will focus on areas you find difficult and develop these during practical lessons to help you relate the learning to real life situations.
In tutorial sessions, you will set your own targets and develop life skills and independence skills through various tutorial activities.
Why should I study at USP College?
- Regular trips to develop your confidence and social skills
- Meaningful work experience placements to boost your employability skills
- Opportunity to attend a residential placement to advance your independence skills.
What could I do next?
When you finish this course, you could progress to a Level 2 BTEC course or begin an Apprenticeship or Supported Internship programme dependent on your individual needs.