The Access to College course is for young people who would benefit from the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence needed to succeed in further education and their future employment. The programme provides an opportunity to try out new activities, boost confidence and gain a recognised Prince’s Trust qualification.
No specific entry requirements.
What do I study?
As part of the programme, you will explore the following:
- Personal and social development:By working in small groups, you'll be able to meet new people and make new friends
- Enterprise project: Ready to put your entrepreneurial skills to the test
- Managing Money: Understand personal finance and budgeting
- Preparation for work: Create a tip-top CV, practice for future interviews and explore your skills and talents
- Community Project: Work with the local community as a team to achieve a common goal.
What can I do next?
On completion of the study programme, you will gain a Prince's Trust Level 1 qualification, as well as Maths and English at an appropriate level which will prepare you for your next steps at college. You can progress to a Sector Level 1 in Health and Social Care, Animal Care, Sport, Media, Business or an employment course such as STEP or Apprenticeship.