Build your knowledge and understanding of creative design processes, with the option to top-up to a full degree at university.
Applying your learning to Art & Design specialisms, you will be actively encouraged to make relevant links to areas within the creative industries.
You will need to have achieved one of the following:
- Foundation Diploma in a relevant subject
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant subject
- A-Level at Grade C or above in a creative subject.
- You will also be required to present a portfolio of artwork to demonstrate your commitment and suitability for our course.
In order to progress to the second year HND, you will need to successfully complete the HNC in the first year.
What will I study?
You will study two qualifications, receiving a nationally recognised Higher Education qualification at the end of each year:
- Higher National Certificate (first year)
- Higher National Diploma (second year).
A Higher National Certificate (HNC) and Higher National Diploma (HND) together are roughly equivalent to the first two years of a BA (Hons) degree.
- Fine Art Painting
- Graphic Design
- Lens-based Media
- Installation and Display
Why Should I Study Art & Design at USP College?
- We have close links with Art & Design courses at Colchester Institute
- Smaller class sizes compared to universities
- Access to outstanding 1-1 support from Tutors
- Opportunity to study a university-level qualification close to home
- Save money on course fees, travel and living expenses.
What Could I Do Next?
Successful completion of this course will get you on the right track to employment or self employment within the creative industries. You will also have the option to progress on to the third year of a degree course within your relevant specialist area.