Applying for September 2019? Call our Admissions hotline on 01268 882 618 to secure your place!
This course combines the essential sports science theory with practical experience in coaching and participation.
The science-based course is designed for the student who wishes to pursue a programme with strong physiological, biomechanical and psychological elements combined with the theory and a practical approach to coaching and performance at all levels.
How will I be Taught and Assessed?
Year 1 & Year 2: Seevic Campus, Runnymede Chase, Benfleet.
Year 3: Writtle University College, Chelmsford.
The following list shows the variety of learning and teaching methods experienced on this course:
- Exercise testing laboratory practicals
- Seminars and debates
- Inquiry-based learning
- Online quizzes, wikis and activities
- Laboratory practical classes including dissections
This course provides a mix of assessment methods including:
- Practical assessments – both in small groups and individually
- Examinations – both multiple choice and essay questions
- Presentations – both individually and in small groups
- Assessed seminars
- Case studies
- Experimental work and laboratory reports
- Poster presentations
- Year 1
Seevic campusProfessional Skills in Sports and Exercise Performance (SEP), Human Anatomy and Physiology, Introduction to Psychology, Contemporary Issues in Sport and Exercise (Optional), Working in Sport (Optional), Coaching in Practice and Introduction to Biomechanics.
- Year 2
Seevic campusResearch Skills in Sports and Exercise Performance, Leadership Development via the Outdoors, Physiology, Nutrition and Exercise, Principles of Strength and Conditioning, Disability in Sport and Leisure and Sports Injury.
- Year 3
Writtle University CollegeDissertation (SS), Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Applied Sports and Exercise Psychology, Applied Coaching Science, Applied Exercise Physiology and Exercise Prescription.
What could I do next?
This list of careers below is those that graduates from this programme have been successful in:
- Physical Education Teachers
- Sports Lecturers
- Sports Journalism
- Personal Trainers
- Postgraduate Study.
- UCAS Tariff Points 96
- C & G Level 3 Extended Diploma Merit (96)
- C & G Level 3 Diploma Distinction (72 + in combination with other qualifications to meet 96)
- GCE A Levels 96 UCAS tariff points, to include one GCE A Level grade C or above
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma MMM
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma DD
*Subject to validation by Writtle University College.
Want to apply for September 2019? Contact us on the details below. If you don't quite meet the entry requirements of your chosen course, don't worry, we take students on a case by case basis!
Life & Sports Sciences
Careers in the Life & Sports Sciences industries.