This course is designed for students who want to pursue a career in creative digital industries and develop a strong grounding in digital media production with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- You will need to have achieved one of the following:
- Foundation Diploma in a relevant subject
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant subject
- A-Level at Grade C or above in a creative subject.
You will also be required to present a portfolio of artwork to demonstrate your commitment and suitability for our course.
What will I study?
You will develop skills in visual design, games design, video production, animation, creative thinking, interface design and product development – as well as computing, digital technologies and programming. All assessment is through coursework that is submitted at specific points throughout the programme.
- Visual Communication
- Ideas Generation
- Contextual and Cultural Referencing
- Professional Practice
- Digital Media
- Animation Techniques for Interactivity
- Interactive Media Principles
- 3D Computer Modelling and Animation
- Interactive Media Technology
- 2D, 3D and Time-Based Digital Applications
- New Technologies in Digital Media.
Why Should I Study Creative Digital Media at USP College?
- Trips and visits are a regular part of the course - for visual research, contextual or industry research
- You will have your own personal tutor who will guide you through the learning experience to satisfactory completion and progression
- A considerable part of this course will involve completing work for live briefs, real clients and design companies.
What Could I Do Next?
The first year of the course will enable you gain a level 4 HNC, and then progress onto Y2 to achieve a full HND
Having completed the HND you can progress to relevant employment in the growing Creative Digital Media industry or to a third or second year of a BA (hons) in a relevant subject.