This course is ideal for A-Level students who wish to study Business as one of their three choices. It is an A-Level equivalent programme that is widely accepted (with two A-Levels) at most universities — including the prestigious Russell Group.
It is designed so that students in the second year of their studies can complete their coursework unit and devote their revision at this crucial time to their other two A-Level subjects. This should then help the students to increase their overall grade profile.
This course is a Level 3 National Extended Certificate equivalent to one A-Level and can be studied as part of an A-Level programme.
What will I study?
Units will be:
- Exploring Business (coursework unit)
- Developing a Marketing Campaign (exam unit)
- Personal and Business Finance (exam unit)
- Investigating Customer Service (coursework unit)
How will I be taught and assessed?
- External assessment – timed assessments, examination
- Scenario-based coursework assessments
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths.
- An interest in Business is essential.
Why should I choose USP College?
- A wide range of tutor experience with an industrial background
- Links with industry through assessments based on real-life companies
- Examination resit (if required)
What could I do next?
- Progression onto another course at USP College, e.g. Degree in Business Management.
- Careers in a range of employment sectors including; investment and retail banking, retail management, accountancy, land and estate management, public sector, insurance and risk management, trading and wealth management, sports management, administration, events management, small business set-up.
- University degree subjects typically in Business Management, Business Administration, Business Law, Events Management, Entrepreneurship, Estate Management.