An A-Level in Graphic Design will see you develop the skills used to create exciting branding, illustration and typography.
In addition to creative practical work, you will also establish links between your own practical work and the broader art world.
Year One will focus on learning the fundamentals of Graphic Design, while Year Two will see you develop and apply these skills. You will be encouraged to develop your own individual style of work, in preparation for studying Art, Design or Media at university level.
- Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths
- Grade C/4 or above in an Art & Design or Creative Media GCSE subject preferred
Students who have not taken a GCSE in an Art & Design or Creative Media subject may present a portfolio of work to demonstrate passion, commitment and ability at an acceptable level.
What will I study?
- Interactive media (including web, app and game design)
- Packaging design
- Design for print
- Communication graphics
- Motion graphics
- Design for film and television.
Trips and visits to galleries are a must to appreciate the historical development and contemporary trends within the area of art.
What could I do next?
- Progress to the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at USP College, Seevic Campus.
- Progress to study a range of art-related degree at university.
- Secure employment in areas such as Advertising art director, Illustrator, Printmaker or Graphic Designer.