An Access to Higher Education Diploma will enable you to go to university if you don’t currently have the qualifications you need. They are widely recognised by most universities, including local institutions such as Anglia Ruskin University and the University of Essex.
The Business pathway is ideal for those who wish to study a business related course at university.
You will also undertake a research project on a topic of your choice with the aim of developing your independent learning skills.
- Analysing and presenting data
- Applied Business Marketing
- Business Planning and Budgets
- Understand Human Resource Management
- Research Skills for Business Management
- Contract Law and Business Transactions
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Project Management
- Work Placement.
How will I be taught and assessed?
Each unit is assessed differently including a range of assessment methods such as essays, reports, presentations, chart analysis, use of software and discussion.
What could I do next?
You could progress to employment or university to study a business management degree, specialising in areas such as Leadership Management, Accounting, Innovation & Enterprise or Marketing. You could also go on to study the Business Management Foundation Degree at the College.
There are also a number of trailblazer apprenticeships which you can go on to study at a higher level, for example Project Manager Integrated degree apprenticeship or Chartered Manager degree apprenticeship.
- You must be aged 19 or over at registration
- You must have English Language GCSE grade C/4 or above or Level 2 Functional Skills English. It is desirable to also have GCSE/L2 Maths but if not, then a commitment to study it alongside Access (on a separate evening) is required as most universities require both English and Maths.
- Unfortunately, if you have neither Maths or English, we are unable to enrol you onto the Access course at this time. However, you could study GCSE English and Maths (potentially for free) at the college first, before going on to the Access course.
* This course can be studied part-time over two years (one day per week) spreading the cost of the course to £1,500 per year. The part-time option can also be funded by the Advanced Learner Loan. This can be discussed at interview.
**The course runs between 9am-4pm with an average of 10 hours weekly teaching time spread over two days. Please note that days and times are dependent on subject choice and may be subject to change.
†If you are aged 19-24 and have not completed a Level 3 course already, you may be eligible to study for FREE! Subject to funding, call 01268 882 618 for more information. Alternatively, you could be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund the cost of your course.
Access to HE FAQs
Not sure whether an Access to Higher Education course is right for you? We answer the most common questions.