Develop, implement and maintain complete IT solutions, including hardware infrastructure and software. The role of can be very varied based on the teams requirements, tasks may be very technical and others may be more analytical, business or user focussed.
Entry requirements are set by the employer for each vacancy. Typically employers will ask for 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English or a relevant level 2 qualification.*
*You will have to take part in an initial assessment to determine your start point.
What will I study?
- Different types of network devices, routers and network switches, their relationship to the stack model and the use of firewalls
- Main components of a computer system and their purpose, including servers, end-user computers and mobile devices
- Concepts of cloud, Cloud Services and storage
- Configuration management and version control systems
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Legislation and Ethics
- Attack Vectors
- Attack Methods
- Secure Network Design and Development
- Secure Software Deployment
- Testing, Monitoring and Risk Mitigation of Deployed Solutions
- Threat Analysis and Intelligence Gathering
Why study with us?
We have been providing quality training to the local community for over 35 years.
We have academy status with Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco, BCS, The chartered Institue Approved Centre and Huawei Authorised Information and Network Academy.
Thousands of students have successfully achieved the skills and qualifications needed to progress with their career.
Many of our employers have generations of apprentices with many working up to manage and directors!
Our success rate is over 96%!
What could I do next?
Secure full-time employment in roles such as:
- Technical Analyst
- IT Service Desk
- Junior DevOps Professional
- IT Service Desk.