As a Professional Accounting Technician, you will have responsibility for creating, and/or verifying and reviewing, accurate and timely financial information within the organisation. Your role could be within an accounting practice, a professional services company, HMRC or the accounting function of a business or other organisation.
To study this course you require a Level 3 AAT Assistant Account qualification as well as at least a 4/C in Maths and English.
What will I study?
- The core elements of double-entry bookkeeping and accounting standards enabling you to create and report financial information to the users of accounts.
- Basic accounts preparation and the drafting of financial statements.
- Management Accounting.
- Customer and supplier needs, validation and financial report information.
- Legal regulations and how to comply with fundamental principles of integrity.
- Basic audit functions using systems and processes.
- How to create and interpret information, and show how that information can be used most effectively to add value to the organisation.
- Business Awareness
- Ethical Standards
- Regulation and Compliance
- Systems and Processes
Professional Qualifications +
- AAT Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- AAT Management Accounting Budgeting
- AAT Management Accounting Decision and Control
- AAT Accounting Systems and Controls
- AAT Credit Management
- AAT Personal Tax
Why study with us?
Leading provider for accountancy apprenticeships locally.
We work with accountancy firms to develop and deliver career-ready certification.
Out tutors are acknowledged AAT experts with years of experience.
You will be assigned an assessor and a progress coach to ensure you are fully supported through your apprenticeship.
What could I do next?
AAT is a brand that employers trust because its qualifications demonstrate that you have the practical real-world skills to be successful in business and finance.
Financial management is at the heart of every business, so demand for Accounting and Finance skills is consistently high across all sectors. On successful completion your options will include:
- Securing full-time employment in a Business or Finance role
- Studying to become a Chartered Accountant
- Entering into the second year of a degree programme at university.
Employment possibilities include roles such as an Assistant Auditor, Assistant Management Accountant, Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor, Commericial Analyst, Senior Bookkeeper, Personal Tax Assistant and Investigations Officer.