This is an exciting and dynamic business course led by a professional team of dedicated business professionals.
You will study a programme that looks into the modern business environment, helping you develop a strong set of vocational business skills that will prepare you for entry into the changing and exhilarating business world. The course could also lead to a wide range of professional and higher education opportunities.
You will study key business topics and disciplines including business resources, marketing, accounting, business ethics and organising a business event. In your second year, you will be given the option of two different pathways: entrepreneurship, which will allow you to actually start your own business in College, or a marketing and retail pathway.
What will I study?
You will also have the exciting and unique opportunity to work as part of our College Company Insight, giving you the chance to work on live briefs from local and global companies, such as Castle Point Borough Council and MORE TH>N Insurance (RSA).
- Exploring Business
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Personal and Business Finance
- Managing an Event
- International Business
- Principles of Management
- Business Decision Making
- Digital Marketing
- Visual merchandising
- Market Research
- Pitching for a New Business
Why study Business Level 3 at USP?
- The course will embellish the true spirit of business and enterprise and will challenge students at all levels.
- There will be a number of engaging course trips where students can observe and see businesses
working in an organic fashion.
- Guest speakers from industry will be available to share their experience and real life work knowledge.
- You will work on live project briefs set by employers giving you the opportunity to develop wider skills and network with people from industry.
- You will have the opportunity to participate and engage in an industrial workplace programme to develop and enhance your employability skills.
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English Language or Maths.
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade 4 or above.
What could I do next?
Progress onto another course at USP College, our degree in Business Administration
You could progress to a number of Business related degree programmes, including: banking, financial
services, marketing, events management, accounting, business management or law.
Many students also progress directly to full-time employment in key industries, such as: banking and
financial services, marketing, retail management, office administration and public services.
Former students have gone on to a wide variety of degree pathways and careers in Banking, Mortgage Brokering, Retail Management, Event Organisation and Marketing.