XTEND Digital is a state-of-the-art digital technologies centre specialising in AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), XR (extended reality) and immersive education. AR/VR redefines how we work, live and interact. These are the key tech trends to forge a better future. Companies across all industries are already benefiting from all immersive technologies. The need for AR developers has risen by 1300%. The right time to start is now.
Exploring both the creative and technical aspects of digital innovation and extended reality, our course will build your digital skills needed for a career in AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality) – The UK has a world-leading digital economy and UK Creative Industries is expanding.
The University of Arts London (UAL awarding body) Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology (two-year course) is designed to introduce you to the substantial number of new job roles within the industry of Extended reality (XR).
Our focus will be the skills and training required for these new emerging technologies, encompassing Mocap (motion capture) with Teslasuits, volumetrics, VR and AR, green screen and immersive and new technology.
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English Language and Maths.
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 4 or above.
What will I study?
- Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
- Investigating audio production and technology
- Investigating visual production and technology
- Investigating interactive production and technology
- Developing a creative media Production project
How will I be taught and assessed?
This course is assessed through practical assignments and internally assessed written assignments.
Your courses are delivered using industry software and hardware in our purpose-built digital centre. Practical workshop sessions in our impressive PC suites with industry-standard software. Theory sessions are supported by IT and computer-based research and educational visits to industry trade fairs and other AR/VR industry-related events.
What can I do next?
The creative industry is one of the UK’s most successful business sectors. You could progress to study a relevant degree at university, find employment, or start an Apprenticeship in the industry.
You could work in areas such as:
- UI design
- UX design
- Unity development
- Unreal development
- 3D art
- Technical art
Degree subjects at university include: VR and AR.
- Xtend Digital Hoodies/t-shirt