Studying Level 2 Accounting will benefit students looking to progress onto:
- Level 3 Accounting Apprenticeship or
- Level 3 Diploma in Accounting as part of an A-Level programme.
Accounting is the recording, analysis, presentation and forecasting data, principally, but not exclusively, for business organisations.
There are many users of accounting information: managers, shareholders, customers, suppliers and the wider public. These users require information for a variety of purposes and it is important that it is
prepared accurately and interpreted meaningfully.
General Entry Requirements
Four GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including GCSE English Language and Maths.
QCF Level 2.
What will I study?
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Computerised Accounting
- Working Effectively in Account and Finance.
If not studying alongside two further A-Levels, you will complete additional business units:
- Introduction to Payroll
- Introduction to Business and Company Law
- Business Communications and Personal Skills
- Developing Lifelong Learning Skills.
This is an exam based qualification with delivery in the classroom and end of unit computerised
assessments. A final exam, that covers all units studied, will be completed at the end of the course. A minimum grade of pass is required in all assessments to be successful. A final grade of pass, merit or
distinction will be awarded.
Why study AAT at USP College?
- All tutors are accountancy qualified.
- AAT is a recognised and respected qualification in the accounting world, allowing a membership to a professional body.
- Universal qualification.
What could I do next?
If you successfully complete Level 2 you can progress to Level 3 at USP College.
Careers in accounting and finance:
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Trainee Accounts Technician
- Tax Assistant/Trainee
Set up your own accountancy business