Level 2 Animal Care is a vocational qualification designed for students who wish to work with animals.
To be successful on this course you must be able to demonstrate a real commitment, desire and enthusiasm for a career in animal care.
- At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language or Maths
- At least one GCSE needs to be at grade C/4 or above
- Grade D/3 or above in GCSE English Language
- Grade D/3 or above in GCSE Maths
What will I study?
You will study a range of units, including:
- Animal Biology
You will also investigate specific types of animals in further detail, including the nursing of animals and aspects of animal biology.
As part of the course you will complete work experience in a relevant setting and visit a local farm.
- Core Modules
- Additional Modules
Animal Housing and Accommodation
Principles of Animal Behaviour
Why study Animal Care at USP?
- A mixture of theory and practical allowing you to put into practice what you learn in the classroom
- Visits to a variety of animal collections offering you the chance to see a range of animal handling techniques
- 150 hours’ worth of work experience over the year – allowing you to develop excellent employability skills
- Unrivalled support and help sessions run throughout the year by your Tutors
What could I do next?
Students may progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management. Alternatively, you may seek relevant employment such as in a zoo, pet shop or kennels
You will be expected to purchase a hoodie from the college for approximately £10.