Do you have a keen interest in the performing arts? This course will build on your existing knowledge and experience.
You will develop a range of performing skills and techniques plus the personal qualities and attitudes needed to work successfully within the performing arts industry. This one- year course is made up of four individual projects and will focus on acting skill and technique, scripted work and devised theatre.
- At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language or Maths.
- At least one GCSE needs to be at grade C/4 or above.
- You will need to attend an audition as part of the interview process.
What will I study?
- Acting Skills
- Performing Arts Industry
- Performing Scripted Plays
- Individual Showcase – audition preparation
- Devising Performance
- Production for Performance.
You will be given opportunities to develop a wide range of skills, which relate to a range of areas within the performing arts industry.
These skills are assessed through a range of practical and theoretical assignments designed to meet the objectives of the course.
You will be taught through practical workshops and discussions. Assessment is mainly based on practical exploration but there’s an element of theory in each of the units; coursework assignments and major projects will be externally assessed.
Why study Performing Arts at USP College?
- Excellent performing arts facilities including theatres plus modern, spacious drama and dance studios at both campuses.
- A range of trips are organised, in order for you to develop your understanding of the performing arts.
What could I do next?
Successful completion of this one-year course will be recognised with a Level 2 UAL Diploma in Performing Arts. You will then be able to progress to a range of further study options at Level 3 or it will provide you with a stepping-stone into employment where previous experience is necessary.
- Performance outfit - black t-shirt, leggings and plimsolls
- You will also be expected to attend relevant performances