Ideal if you want to work in areas like the Armed Forces, Police, Ambulance and Fire services, this professional pathway will help you progress.
- At least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade C/4 or above
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language
What will I study?
This course will provide you with the expertise required to gain employment in a wide range of public services. Alternatively, you will be able to continue your studies at university level. You will need to have a strong interest in a variety of services.
- Core Modules
Government, Policies & Public Services
Leadership & Teamwork in the Public Services
Citizenship and Diversity & the Public Services
Behaviour in the Public Sector Employment
Understand the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism on Public Services
Skills for Land Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Services
Fitness Testing and Training
- Additional Modules
Practical Team Sports
Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
Volunteering in the Public Services
Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
Why study Public Services at USP?
- Compulsory trips and visits on this course are an integral and exciting part
- Links to employability within the public services Opportunity to access Higher Education
What could I do next?
After completing the course you can apply for employment in the Public Services e.g. the Fire Service, Police, Armed Forces and related civilian occupations. You may also progress onto a Higher Education course.