A blended approach of both theory and practical elements, our sport courses offer a stepping stone towards a career within the sport, exercise and leisure sector.
- At least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade C/4 or above
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade C/4 or above in any GCSE Science
What will I study?
If you are hardworking and enthusiastic about learning the theoretical side to sport, while using practical elements to consolidate your understanding, this course is ideal for you.
If you are interested in a career in the sports industry, or wish to take the qualification on to higher education, Sport & Exercise Science is a good choice.
As a Sports student you will have the opportunity to become a student athlete, combining your academic studies with full-time training in the Seevic Storm Sports Academy.
- Core Modules
Applied Sport & Exercise Psychology
Sport & Exercise Physiology
Field & Lab-based Fitness Testing
Coaching for Performance & Fitness
Nutrition for Sport & Exercise Performance
- Additional Modules
Sport Injury & Assessment
Fitness Training & Programming
Research Project in Sport & Exercise Science
Why study Sport & Exercise Science at USP?
You will have the opportunity to become a full-time student athlete, combining your vocational studies with training as part of the Seevic Storm competitive sports programme.
As one of the most successful college sports programmes in the country, we enjoy a strong tradition of competing in the best competitions and leagues, and can boast an impressive array of both team and individual national champions.
The expertise of our staff also gives our student athletes excellent sports science support, which includes:
- Strength & Conditioning Programmes
- Fitness Testing Specialists
- Sports Nutrition Support
- Seevic Storm includes: Rugby, Football, Netball, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, Badminton, Tennis, Table Tennis, Trampoline, Golf, Swimming and Athletics
What could I do next?
Highly suited to students who wish to progress onto a degree at University in Strength & Conditioning, Teaching, Sport & Exercise Science, Sports Therapy etc.
Employment opportunities in Teaching, Sports Coaching and the Health & Fitness Industry.
Jack Adams is currently training as a Physiotherapist and Daniel Forster Knight is working for Nuffield Health.