This course is ideal for any learner wishing to study Travel and Tourism, Aviation and Air Cabin Crew in an exciting and vocational manner and is keen to seek employment in a wide range of careers within the Travel Sector. The course covers a wide range of areas within the industry from travel agency and tour operations to working for an airline as a member of air cabin crew or at an airport as a ground handling agent or as check-in staff.
The course would ideally suit an innovative and enterprising learner that wishes to learn a wide range of Travel and Tourism topics with the intention to work within the industry in a selection of capacities.
General Entry Requirements
At least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English Language and Maths at least D/3 OR Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) in a related area at Merit Level.
Specific Entry Requirements
An interest in the Travel Industry is essential.
Year 1: QCF BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma Travel and Tourism
Year 2: BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Aviation
Plus Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Air Cabin Crew.
What will I study?
Exploring areas like customer service, retail travel operations and worldwide destinations, our courses will develop your knowledge and understanding of this interesting industry.
Travel and Tourism units
Core units include:
- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Industry
- The Business of Travel and Tourism
- UK Destinations
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism.
Additional units include:
- Preparing for Employment
- Long-haul Destinations
- European Destinations
- Working as an Overseas Holiday Representative
- Work Experience.
- The UK Aviation Industry
- Health and Safety in the Aviation Industry
- Security in the Aviation Industry
- On-board Passenger Operations.
Certificate in Introduction to Air Cabin Crew units:
- Working as Cabin Crew
- Airline Health, Safety and Security
- Aircraft Emergency Situations
- Dealing with Passenger On-board an Aircraft
- Cabin Crew Selling Techniques
- Making Passenger Announcements On-board an Aircraft.
Why study Travel & Tourism Level 3 at USP?
- The course has a number of trips and visits as well as guest speakers from industry.
- A wide range of tutor experience with an industry background.
- Links with industry such as Jet2, British Airways, Thomas Cook and Southend Airport .
What could I do next?
- Careers in a range of employment sectors including; retail and business travel, airport operations,
holiday representative, cruise reservation agent, cabin crew, hospitality
- Progression onto certain University Degree Programmes (2 A-Level equivalent) such as Aviation
Management, Event Management, Travel and Tourism Management
- Uniform for Year 2 students studying in Aviation and Cabin Crew.
Former Student Success
Student A completed the BTEC Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism course at the Seevic Campus and achieved D*D*D* and successfully became a member of Cabin Crew with British Airways and is now flying all over the world.
Student B also achieved the same grade and is currently working as a member of Cabin Crew for Easyjet based at Southend Airport.
Student C was successful in gaining employment with TUI as a retail travel consultant following progression from Level 2 to Level 3 Travel and Tourism, achieving the highest possible grade.