We ensure the safety of all students in a number of different ways:
- We require all students to wear lanyards with photo-card ID in order to gain entry onto our campuses
- All students have access to our specialist Safeguarding Team who are on hand to support with any issue, including wellbeing and counselling experts
- Every member of staff receives regular safeguarding training and raise concerns or report issues relating to safeguarding and welfare
- We are committed to creating a culture where British Values are promoted and practised in all aspects of college life, in line with the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy - Prevent
- All staff are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service looking for criminal records) checked; without this approval, staff will not be allowed any access in the college without supervision
- The college provides a safe and friendly learning environment compliant with UK Health and Safety legislation
- CCTV is installed at various points around the campuses.
Want to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about how we keep you safe, please view the following policies:
- Equality & Diversity
- Guidance on radicalisation and extremism
- Safeguarding Policy
If you would like to discuss anything in more detail, have concerns about your or someone else’s safety please contact our Safeguarding Team on 01268 882 665 or visit Student Services.