To meet the College's regulatory obligations, the following information will be published annually, and provides data from application, offer, study and finally to award completion stage.
The information published on these pages shows:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic awards, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socioeconomic background.
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
With regard to information that is split by the three characteristics of gender, ethnicity and socioeconomic background, you will see that some figures may be highlighted. This is because those differences between groups of students with particular characteristics are notable.
Please note that the statistics shown only relate to our HNC/HND provision. Statistics relating to degrees we run in partnership with universities are included in their transparency data. The College is proud of the results that our students achieve on such degrees, with many of them achieving firsts and 2:1s.
Summary of applications, offers, acceptances and registrations for 2018-19 entrants
|Mode of Study||Characteristic||Characteristic split||Number of applications||Percentage of applications that received an offer||Percentage of applications that accepted an offer||Percentage of applications that led to a registration|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||230||86%||86%||67%|
|3 to 5||150||77%||77%||57%|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||N||N||N||N|
|3 to 5||N||N||N||N|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|3 to 5||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Percentage of first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2017-18 qualifiers
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||N/A|
|3 to 5||N/A|
Initials used in the transparency report
- N = Displayed when numbers are 20 or less.
- N/A = Displayed where there is no provision in a given mode or Level.
- BAME = Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Groups.
- EIMD quintile = English Index of Multiple Deprivation with Quintile 1 & 2 as most deprived and 3, 4 and 5 as least deprived.