STEP is a full-time work-based study programme, where you can learn teamwork and employability skills. You will also improve your Functional Maths and English alongside NCFE Employability and may be able to resit your Maths and/or English GCSEs depending on your previous results.
What will I study?
You will be taught skills in the classroom through practical activities and assignments. You will also learn more practical skills while you are on your work placement and will prepare a portfolio of evidence to document your progress.
Throughout the programme students will focus on:
- Employability - interview skills, job searching and writing the best CV
- Developing Maths and English
- Confidence and team building
Your work placements might include Hospitality, Customer Service, Horticulture, some trades, Sport and the Care system.
- There are no formal qualifications required.
- Ready to work.
- You must be 16-18 at the start of your course.
What can I do next?
You could progress to paid employment or an Apprenticeship.