A-Level Photography will see you develop the skills necessary to produce thought-provoking images, while you experiment with a range of methods and approaches.
Photography’s digitisation means that much more of the work is computer-based, but you will also work on graphic and mixed-media projects.
You will respond imaginatively to set briefs and express your individuality as you explore subjects like: Street Photography, Portraiture, Montage, Depth, Dimension and Narrative.
- Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths
- Grade C/4 or above in an Art & Design or Creative Media subject preferred.
Students who have not taken a GCSE in an Art & Design or Creative Media subject may present a portfolio of work to demonstrate passion, commitment and ability at an acceptable level.
What will I study?
- Coursework Portfolio
- Personal Investigation
- Externally Set Assignment
You’ll learn to use appropriate digital technologies to create photographic work in many contexts including:
- Fine Art
Your final mark will be established 60% through your course work, and 40% through controlled tests.
What could I do next?
- Progress to the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at USP College, Seevic Campus.
- Progress to study a range of art-related degrees at university.