The Careers Team reflects the College career focussed strategy on its delivery of Careers Education Information Advice Guidance (CEIAG) by providing learners with the opportunity to seek CEIAG and support that is unbiased, timely and relevant to the choices which they make and their individual career goals whether that be higher or further education, apprenticeships, traineeships, or employment.
The work is undertaken by the qualified and experienced Careers Team who work in collaboration with teaching and student support staff. This is measured against Gatsby benchmarks, the Careers Enterprise Company Compass tool, and the Matrix quality standard for Careers provision.
USP Careers Provision is accessible to
- All current USP students.
- Prospective students are entitled to access the CEIAG services of the College.
- Former students will be supported in the year following their leaving from college, after that they will receive help remotely in accessing other sources of CEIAG such as the National Careers Service or local authority provision as appropriate
How to Access the Careers Provision?
Career guidance is available on demand from 08.30am -16.30pm the advisors can be found in the Network Room at Seevic and the library at Palmers.
This service can be accessed in different formats –
- 1:1 Careers Interviews are available by self-referral, referrals from teaching staff, Student support staff, parents, or carers.
- Telephone - Palmers 01375 370121 & Seevic 01268 756111
- Email – email@example.com
- Events - Open Evenings, interview evenings, enrolment interviews, special events such as the Annual Careers Fair, post results service
- Subject-specific CEIAG opportunities are provided within in teaching programs and Scheduled student CPD days, including activities such as trips, visits, employer discussions and workshops, alongside live projects briefs.