Professional qualifications come in a range of levels and varieties to ensure that every student can study in a way that suits them.
These qualifications combine a practical approach to learning with work-related studies. You will focus on one area of study and will cover a variety of units within that one area. Professional qualifications are a great alternative to A-Levels and help man people enter employment, find an apprenticeship and even progress to university.
So, why study a Professional Course?
- Be taught by teachers with specific industry experience
- Gain practical skills within your subject area to help you pursue your career
- Build an on-going portfolio
- Have independence within your study along with flexible support
- Earn UCAS points so you are not restricted when applying for university
- Gain valuable employability skills as the courses have been developed by industry specialists
- Have the chance to study at a level suitable to you, ranging from levels 1-5
- Complete work experience to put your theory into practice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Professional (BTEC) Courses?
How will I learn when studying a BTEC?
BTEC qualifications are generally taught in the classroom with assignments being set and completed via coursework. New criteria may involved students having to sit some exams but these are generally taken throughout the academic year.
Can I go to university with a BTEC?
Absolutely, according to which? in 2015 95% of universities accepted BTEC qualifications. Make sure you research first though as some subjects at degree level will ask for a specific subject and/or units - don't worry, our teachers can help with this once you have applied.
How many lessons will I have per week?
You will have 18 lessons over the week for your chosen subject plus one progress coach sessions. All lessons are 1.5 hours and will fit within the College hours of 9am-4.30pm on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 9am-2.45pm on a Tuesday and Thursday.
Our Professional courses (BTECs)
We offer a wide range of vocational qualifications, all designed to get you into the career you want!