We ensure the safety of all students in a number of different ways:
- Our college requires students to wear lanyards with photo-card ID in order to gain entry onto our campuses
- All students have access to our specialist Safeguarding Team who are on hand to support with any issue, including well-being and counselling experts
- Every member of staff receives regular safeguarding training and raise concerns or report issues relating to safeguarding and welfare
- We are committed to creating a culture where British Values are promoted and practised in all aspects of college life, in line with the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy - Prevent
- All staff are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service looking for criminal records) checked; without this approval, staff will not be allowed any access in the college without supervision
- The college provides a safe and friendly learning environment compliant with UK Health and Safety legislation
- CCTV is installed at various points around the campuses.
Want to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about how we keep our students safe, please view the following policies:
At USP College we are working in partnership with Thurrock Police to identify and provide appropriate support to students who have experienced domestic violence in their household, this scheme is called Operation Encompass.
Operation Encompass has been created to highlight when a child or young person has been involved in or witness to a domestic abuse incident. The aim is for Thurrock Police to share information with local colleges “Key Adults” (normally the Designated Safeguarding Lead). On receipt of any information, the Key Adult will decide on the appropriate support for the young person that allows them to remain in a safe but secure familiar environment.
All information sharing and resulting actions will be undertaken in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We will record this information and store this in accordance with the record keeping procedures outlined in these regulations.
The purpose and procedures in Operation Encompass have been shared with all parents, carers and governors. Further information can be found by clicking on the following link www.operationencompass.org