There is a strong argument that in the future everyone will need to have a business education. Whatever you do in your career, the chances are that it will involve some ‘business’. Scientists, engineers and artists will need to understand the basics of business – the combination of specialist qualifications and business knowledge will become vital to success.
In business you make decisions, take action and monitor results – and each situation is different. In this course you will learn about how to use business theory and concepts to explore and provide solutions to real business problems and think of reasons as to why it might not work.
Over the two-year programme every aspect of business behaviour is covered, including: Marketing, Motivational Theories, Management Styles, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Business Decision Making, Business Strategy and Global Business.
- Average point score* of 4.5 or above, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths
- If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade C/5 or above in GCSE English Language.
What will I study?
The course is split into four themes. Themes one and two are covered in year one and themes three and four are covered in year two. They are:
- Theme One - Marketing and People
- Theme Two - Managing Business Activities
- Theme Three - Business Decisions and Strategy
- Theme Four - Global Business
The course is classroom based, although there is the opportunity to attend revision conferences and visit a variety of businesses.
There are three examined papers, each lasting two hours. Each paper is worth 100 marks.
Why should I choose USP College?
- Tutors are academically qualified and have actual industry experience.
- There will be opportunities to take part in entrepreneurial competitions throughout your course.
- Over the last few years, Business students have gone on a trip to New York.
It is strongly advised that you purchase the two textbooks that cover the two-year course. They are approximately £25 each. You are making an investment in your future and you can use your entrepreneurial and selling skills at the end of your course and sell them on to prospective new students!
Costs of trips will vary according to the destination.
What could I do next?
After successfully completing the course you will have a range of options including employment in areas such as banking, finance, business management or becoming an entrepreneur and setting up your own company.
You can go on to university to study subjects as diverse as Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Law or Economics.